jueves, 8 de abril de 2010

Earthquake Activity


On February 27th I was lonely in my house because all my family went to vacations in the south side of Chile, at Puerto Montt. In the evening, my boyfriend came to my house for stayed with me.

In the night we were watching the television together. Some minutes after the finishing of “Festival de Viña”, I put on the DVD the Titanic movie; then I went to the bathroom and when I was opening the door, the earthquake started.

I was very nervous and scared. I’m only wanted to escape, and I just shouted. My boyfriend came to me and he said me “sit down, is only an earth tremor”, but I was very nervous and I took his hand and we ran out to the house. When we arrived outside, we stayed with my boyfriend and some neighbors until 6:00 AM. at the street. That was a horrible moment, my legs was shaking about the fear that I was feeling. I couldn’t believe that this was real, because I only saw in movies or television. And, I was so worried about my family, because I knew that my mother was thinking that I was bad and I couldn’t call her.

When the earthquake stopped, we entered to the house for get a lantern, but this was very difficult because there was very dark. Then we took it and we stayed all the night seated in the kitchen chairs. The woman with her two children that lives in front of my house was very very scared and she went to my house all the time for not stayed alone.

That night I couldn’t sleep anything and the next day in the morning, with my boyfriend took the minibus to his house and we stayed together all the day and in the night I went to my aunt’s house, and I stayed in her house all the week until my family could come back to Santiago on Thursday, 6 days after the earthquake.

3 comentarios:

  1. Hello Vane

    Unfortunately you were with your boyfriend in the moment that the earthquake started and not alone. I was feeling scared in the moment of the earthquake because I was in Rengo in the second floor with my cousin and the movement was very strong in that place.

    And what do you feel with the aftershocks? Do you are feeling scared still?


    see you!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. vane!!!
    woow a very big lucky... your boyfriend came for your house this day and he stayed with you this day

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Vanessa. FORTUNATELY, you were with your boyfriend. I bet it was very romantic.

    ResponderEliminar